People Interested In This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 6 of being in Hospital

Hello there! I am back again to update people on my family and the progress of my daughter Trinity Anne.
Well as of this morning at 9:30 am I finally got to feed her some pumped breast milk and then a 2 oz bottle of her special forumla. Well as I was sitting there acting all goofy and such she had a bowel and started getting red in the face and crying. So I was all excited and such, and I must have been very loud cause the nurse that is taking care of her ran in and asked what was going on. I told her and she cheered. That was at 10:25 am. Then she got her catheter taken out today and then one of her I.V's blew again. Whoo... (not) . So then came the poking and prodding of her 3x then they finally got one on her foot. She is so black and blue and I was getting frustrated so I decided to take a break and go out to the car before I lost my cool. Called my husband several times as I knew he was headed on the way up and after 3x calling him I got him on the phone to let him know what was going on. Finally he showed up at 12:30 and got to see her and hold her. I was so happy to see him with her I could have burst with happiness. So then just before we went to lunch I got to feed her the vitamins in a bottle with diluted down pedialite. (Smells really gross) Went to lunch and all that, then got back and my husband Donny said that he thought he smelled something. WHOO POOP!!!! I was all excited again and the nurse I caught in the hall and said loud " She did a doo doo". We laughed and got her all cleaned up and then she fell asleep again. So all is going still as planned. Her incision looks good other than it is pretty much across her stomach. And she still has whats called a drain in her belly from the left over stuff from surgery, and she did get a new I.V put in, but to me it is all looking great. She is up, doing well and she just smiled at me just before I came down to the 9th floor to do laundry. I am glad things are finally looking up. Can't wait to come home. Well all till next time!!
Chantel Conn

No comments: