People Interested In This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 1 of blogin

Hi there all. This is my first time so don't laugh. XD. As most of you , friends and family that are looking know who I am , and those of you who don't my name is Chantel Conn. I am wife and a mother of a 8 year old Vincent and a somewhat new mother to a daughter Trinity that is 2 months.
So pretty much this blog is going to follow some really importand stuff that has happened to my daughter here these past couple of weeks, and is dedicated to see if there is ever going to be a cure for Biliary Artresia. So now for my story ...
My pregnancy was somewhat normal other than I was way overweight and after a blood glucouse test I was told that I had gestational diabetes. So after grueling time of (kinda) going on a strict diet and all that everything was going ok. My blood sugar levels were spiking about the last week I had left and went in on Tuesday April 3rd 2008 to my Drs. apointment. Long story short I told them that had a cold and that I really wasn't taking my blood sugar levels cause I was in bed most the week. Well be known to me they decided to take her c-section that day at 8:07pm and was 8lbs 8oz and was healthy and cute and tubby. So as days went by someone noticed that she was turning a little yellow and that she might have jaundice. I just shrugged it of as oh it will go away. Well then she had her 1 week check up and I asked them if they would take a look at her to make sure and (not naming Drs. Office) they said she was fine. After awhile it got worse and worse so finally a lady that I know from my fathers station looked at her and she knew something was wrong so she called her nurse friend and then called my mother and told her to tell me to get a 2nd opinion. So then we went to a family Drs. office in Mcminville and they ordered tests on her 2x. Both results turned out that her billiruben was to high and her liver enzymes were also elevated. So the Dr (who I known for years) called OHSU and got me an appointment with in a week. So then we went for more test and Ct scans to see if the tracer could be found that got injected into her I.V. That was not going well on Thursday May ,29th, so they ordered me to come back the next day. We did and then we got good news that the tracer was down in the bowels and that it would be minimal for sugery. Well got up there to the Dr. up at OHSU and got told that she had this rare disease Biliary Artresia. That was like a slap in the face my hopes were so dang high and then bam the hammer hit the nail. She was going to have sugery at 2 months old. On June 2nd 2008 we went in for pre-operation and she had an I.V put in and all that. Then came the day June 3rd 2008 surgery day. All went well and lots of people were there to support me and my husband. Felt like an eternity when I finally got to see her. As of now she is doing well. She had her biliruben checked and it did go down a point. And she did poo her orange vitamins out day before yesterday. So as of June 7th 2008 (today) she is progressing and might be able to come home tomarrow or Monday night. I can't wait!!!!! Well everyone till next time.
Chantel Conn

1 comment:

Jeff and Sarah said...

Chantel,

Thank you for keeping us informed of everythig and we look forward to hearing of her coming home and doing well soon. You and your family are all in our prayers, especially little Trinity. We will keep checking for updates.

<3 The Squire Fam