People Interested In This Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Doing Great!

Hello there. Just posting some pictures and updating people on how Sissy (Trinity) is
doing. Tonight at about 4:33Pm she got moved from ICU to the 3 West floor and that is great news. She is looking wonderful (as you will see in the picture's) and she is still pretty sleepy since they gave her some more pain medicine just as I was arriving.She had her 1 I.V taken out this afternoon since it infiltrated, meaning the vein blew and they had to take that one out. Then as I was leaving they had to put a new I.V in since 1 of her medicines that she is on they can't mix through another line. She did have her Broviac line out of her neck taken out today which is good news, so all she has in is 2 I.V lines in her right arm, and in her left arm she has the PICC line and then she has a new I.V line as well. Her color looks great and she seems to know who I am and is aware that I am visiting her on a regular basis. I didn't get to see her much today since I was dealing with my Insurance Company on the phone half the day beacuse of some dude hitting me in my car. I am alright and thankfully my Husband and Son were not with me they had left earlier that morning. Other than that things are looking good her way and they said by the rate she is going that I will be able to take her here to the Ronald McDonald House 2 blocks from the hospital either Monday or Tuesday of this comming week. I am so excited, I can hardly wait. Then they were saying that we should be able to come home before Christmas! WHOO!!! They also reminded me (as if I was dumb and didn't know this before hand) that since her immune system is suppressed (which means she is on medication that tricks her brain and body that she doesn't have one since that will cause liver faliure) that if any one is sick with anything I need to not have her around anyone, even if they are getting over the virus or whatever they have. Just wanted to let everyone know this in advance since I will be very jumpy the first year that I have her home. If I am not careful she could possibly get sick and have liver failure and that is a risk I am not willing to take. So all you friends and family that can come see her, I will have plenty of Purell and Soap on hand so be ready when you come to visit, cause I am going to demand that you use it before ya even walk in the door. HA HA! Anyways running out of room. Till Next Time!

Love,
Chantel R. Conn.

Ps: Happy Thanksgiving To You All!
Hope To See You Soon!

No comments: