People Interested In This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Seeing My Daughters Liver

Hello again. Today was a really weird and awesome day. I finally got a phone call from one of the Social Workers from down here and she called cause she spaced to tell me what time it was to see my daughters liver. I finally arrived at 11:05 am and then got lost finding the place and had to ask 3 different people how to get there. I arrived in the spot and had to wait a minute because of another family was in front of me. They seemed to enjoy it, and the lady that saw her son's liver said it was an awesome experience. I got back there and it was only 5 feet in the door. They had it covered and asked me if I wanted to see it. I of course said "Yes", and they uncovered it. It was really weird, there was to my left on the cart a packaged healthy adult liver and then covering the rest of the table was the rest of my daughters liver. The guy that was showing me the stuff said that there were 2 pieces missing cause they are biopsying it and taking slides of it and he also showed me where the gall bladder sits and where her bile duct was sitting on her liver as well. I rattled the idea around in my head about if I should put these pictures up on the internet and I decided that I would. So these pictures are not for the sick stomached people. It really is in my book for educational purposes only. Well gonna go do some laundry and pack some stuff up to get ready to head to Oregon possibly this Friday!!!! I'm so excited!! Till Next Time!
Live, Laugh, Love,
Chantel R. Conn

No comments: